Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Stepanova: subscribe to the words Kirilenko


Maria Stepanova - the failure of the national team, retired Krasnenkova, their health, the chaos of the Federation and female candidates in the presidential race RSE.
Mary, how are you?
- Thank you, quietly. I feel pretty good. - That is in contrast to the national team at the club's career until the cross means nothing? - No. Now I can confidently say - another season poskriplyu the delight of fans (laughs) .
Although it is as if he is the last of my career. As has been said many times, I want to thank the leadership of UMMC for what it has done for me, and help the club in the solution of the most ambitious goals and achieving all the goals. Though I understand that in my case - the proposed one-year contract, rather, a gift. - prepares something special? - While resting in Montenegro with his family, I run in the mornings, keep fit. But try not to overdo it too much not to load a sore knee. - Surprised that Ilona Korstin and Svetlana Abrosimova decided to hang shoes on a nail? - And what surprised me too long been thought. Yes, we maintain our reputation, we have the power to play more on a pair of seasons, but apparently, it's time to do something else. - Many people still believe that you have decided to complete the performance of the national team due to a conflict with the RSE ... - No, there was no hard feelings. In any case, now. Voiced by April decision is linked to the physical condition. Alas, I'm not getting any younger, and therefore in the offseason required more strength to recover. Yes, there was a difficult period, when there were problems in the relationship with the girls and the authorities in general, because of the captaincy in particular, but I was able to step on your throat, overcome his ambition and pride. The present is my decision in April was due solely to the physical condition. - So A.Krasnenkov not deceived when he said that you no longer have hard feelings? - Yes, of course. To me no one pressed. I honestly that I want to devote the summer recreation, to pay attention to their health, spend time with family, a son, whom I see very often. I have heard said, if change my mind at the last moment, the doors are always open team. But once I made ​​it clear that the choice is already made. - What did the resignation Krasnenkova? - In my opinion, he did the right thing. Still, president of the Federation shall be responsible for the performance of the national teams. Yes, the general manager and head coach are also to blame for the failure, but apparently to a lesser extent. Do not understand how it was possible to take 13th place in the Eurobasket. In my lifetime we have always played in the finals of the continental championships. - But candidates Rakhmatulina and Vaynauskasa executive committee took the RSE? - Who invited them to these candidates and who determined the composition of the executive committee? And what is the current coaching board, which plays in the political game? Perhaps I am taking too tough stance, but to me what happened in France some wildness. If A.Krasnenkov allowed it, then he is guilty. - And you're with "sbornitsami" communicated, discussed the situation before, during or after the tournament? - No. To be honest, I do no interviews did not give to your colleagues. Was so shocked, I did not want to talk to anyone about it. At some point, even unplug the phone for incoming calls, because there is nothing good to say but could not. As for the girls ... And I can say to them? Support? Yes, they're all well aware, is not small. Did everything they could. They swear not at all. Absolutely. Blame everything on the coach, who had just arrived, too silly. - And to whom, then? - The main problem of our federation is that everyone who comes to power in its structures, is trying to solve some of their problems at any cost, and does not think on the development of children's basketball and the future, for example, and about the success of the here and now. Kirilenko persuade fly, foreign women will pay through the nose ... It's a shame, because it's all on the surface. And do scapegoat mentor, who did not really have time to figure out ugly. - You are now on the team hinted Krasnenkova? - No. I'm talking about general trends regardless of specific individuals. Recent events only means that now in our basketball total chaos. - I guess the definition of "chaos" hits and the struggle for a new president RSE place? - I do not know under what it gets, because I try not to read the newspapers. Drifted some statements contenders, but I try not to pay attention to them. - What do you think about the female candidate? - Julia Anikeyev unlike Amy Abrosimova I do not know. Not as a man or as a manager, who had relation to basketball. I know that she is a professional politician, and in some ways, but what is particularly difficult to understand. In other words, I can not say that it is a suitable candidate. In my view, the president still has an interest in basketball. A.Krasnenkov as, for example, even in the final of the national championship came. Is this normal? - Probably not. As well as the dismissal of the general manager of the men's team Russia Oleg Ushakov, which led in part to the subsequent resignation of head coach Fotis Katsikarisa month and a half before the start of Eurobasket ... - I do not know the whole situation. But I think in this matter need to dig much deeper. The point surely is something else. The general manager of the national team is engaged in providing all necessary, as well as the creation of favorable conditions for its preparation and the existence of a specific tournament. What could he have such a mess things up, I do not understand. - That is his dismissal, in your opinion, is illogical? - I guess it is. After all, in the good with the arrival of the new man did not change. As is the case with the arrival of new coach, given that the previous plainly did not perform more duties. It's like a foam, it blew away, there was another. Another thing is, where it comes from. - If similar happened in the women's team, as it react? - I personally do not understand at all, what all these movements. I remember how, during the EuroBasket in Poland there were rumors that Sokolovsky can withdraw during the tournament. But in the end we won, passing the playoffs in the same breath. Why out of the blue to invent problems and irritate the players? Too late to drink "Borjomi" when the kidneys are refused. If we think about the Olympics, then you should leave everyone alone, to train young, strum them. - How was it in your case? - Exactly. I came to the first major tournament with his mouth open - his arms and legs were shaking, teeth chattering from all events. On the second is smaller, and the third thought: "Mash, and you then get lost? Have you sparrow Shooting" - and ceased to be timid. Thank Kapranoff, who inspired me this confidence. He was preparing me so from the beginning. Grudin did not want to take me to the team because of some political nuances. I knew that he was asked not to call me. - If you go back to the election of the RSE, you think of Abrosimova make a good president if elected? - Yes, why not? I read somewhere that the best basketball player in the history of Russia Andrei Kirilenko said that with both hands Abrosimova candidacy. So, I subscribe to his words. - But she has almost no experience as a manager? - It is not necessary to deal with all matters the most. We are well aware that it is his entire adult life dedicated to basketball. We know what heights she reached it. The light is not the time to get a bad education abroad. Her human qualities also beyond doubt. Behind her is a team of professionals, and it will help her deal with the difficulties. Especially Abrosimova always been a strong-willed character, that is able to solve any situation complicated issue, so to speak, to take the bull by the horns. I have no doubt that the Light will be a great president. - But about the same words can be said about Anikeeva? - Unlikely to Julia, with all due respect to it has as good a view of the kitchen basketball in detail. I do not know why, but I personally think that Svetlana get much better. - Are not you afraid that the fate of the presidency may decide on the sidelines? - (After a pause, sighing heavily.) I know one thing worse than it is now, is definitely not . - You sure? - I hope so. Light called me after EuroBasket, we talked heart to heart. I felt that she wanted to step in and try to change everything. But not as a politician, but from a position player. If it succeeds, will be proud of. - will go to Svetlana to the team, if followed by the proposal? - Let me first finish his career.

0 comments:

Post a Comment