Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

It's great to have Steve Nash's phone number!


About talented Canadians councils Steve Nash, excess weight, comparisons with Larry Johnson and the example of Carmelo Anthony - Anthony Bennett in an interview.Few could have imagined that Anthony Bennett will select the first number in the 2013 NBA Draft. Actually, did not expect even the rookie "Cleveland." Naturally, after the "Cavs" called his name, went speculation about what kind of future awaits a native of Ontario.
First issues draft pick in NBA history was only 65, and the fate they have evolved in different ways. Someone was great without any reservations, as Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan and LeBron James. Someone punched his way into the Hall of Fame, Bill Walton, Bob Leynir, Walt Bellamy, James Worthy, Patrick Ewing and David Robinson. And for someone stuck an unpleasant word "bast", meaning the failure of inflated expectations: think Michael Olovokandi, Lara Martin, Kent Benson, Purvis Ellison, Kwame Brown and Greg Oden. Bennett while demonstrating calmness and confidence. And the team he was quite right. Development of this program, "Cleveland" just based on the "acting out" of young talent. Located in Los Angeles, and heal a shoulder injury, the 20-year-old Canadian was interviewed by ESPN. Here are excerpts from the conversation forward with Dave McMenamin. ABOUT privilege to be chosen by the first number in the NBA Draft , "I do not feel a special responsibility. I just need to go to the site and do their job. I thought I would choose somewhere between the third and eighth number . At the very least, such rumors. But I do not feel the pressure. We have a good team, a good club staff. I think it will help me to become better. "

Anthony BennettAnthony BennettOn participation in training camp against Canada under the leadership of Steve Nash

"I was injured, so he could only watch from the sidelines. But it was fun. Steve can be fun, but can also be serious when needed. Whenever I ask him what -or, I get good advice.'s great - to be able to call such a person, ask for something. " Prospects for the Canadian national team , "It would be cool to go to the Olympics in 2016 and win a medal. Now we have just talking about it. It's a great time for Canada, we have plenty of promising young people. Is Tristan Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, I am. There are talented guys among students and even schoolchildren. " Oh childhood idols "I did not see the live matches of Michael Jordan. But I remember very well the Vince Carter, playing for the "Raptors." It was a great team, they know how to kill. But the 15th I took no room in honor of Vince, it was an accident. " The desire to be the best rookie of the year , "Yes, I told Dennis Scott on NBA TV, that I would be the best. This is one of my goals. But I will not go out for every match, programming yourself, I have to score 20 points and 10 rebounds do I have to focus on the game, the team as a whole. " About Kairi Irving "He superb playmaker. He sees everything and everyone, and thus he is able to score a lot. But I think we have a good team as a whole, not just him alone. And I want to do my part. " On the chance to play with LeBron James 'Yes Many say that next summer he could theoretically return to the "Cleveland." But I have nothing to say about it. I can only concentrate on the team that we are building now. " On the front lines of the "Cavaliers" "It will be a real madness - We have Andrew Bynum, Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varejao, Tyler Zeller ... A lot of guys who can play the position of the fourth and fifth numbers. And we have good defenders. Overall, if both need to work on the command "chemistry", all will be well . " about his position , "I combo-forward. Just striker, able to play, and the fourth and third." About comparisons with Larry Johnson, "I can not say that someone is a particular impact on me more than others. I borrow a little bit of everything from everywhere. example , Carmelo Anthony, his game face to the ring. His dramatic step away before the throw. Medium shot. I try to use it. " On the excess weight , "I do not pay attention to these calls. People just see a photo or video - and they say," It is bold, it does not work over it. "But I spend the necessary time in the gym. Season start until November, so I still have time to put your body in order."

0 comments:

Post a Comment