Pages

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Rivers: Ainge consulted on the nomination

Doc Rivers - care about the plight of the "Boston", new challenge in his career, chances, "Clippers" for the title, his players and the transfer campaign.

Doku Rivers is no stranger to hear the melody of copper pipes. His decision to change the "Celtics" on the "Clippers" immediately caused a huge number of comments, most of which boiled down to the fact that he would be the deciding factor that will allow the "Clippers" in the new season turned out pretty spectacular team in this contender for the championship title.
However Doc knows that he could not do it alone. He has not forgotten that period of work in the "Celtics", which can be summarized as "to the big trio". In sezonah-2004/05 and 2005/06, his team did not show, and part of what we saw a few years later. And any fan of the club from Massachusetts then would not lift up to the sky colorful head coach, whose presence in the team is already making her one of the favorites of the struggle for gold rings. then came in July 2007, which blew the basketball community and forever changed the NBA. Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen joined the permanent captain, "the Celtics' Paul Pierce and formed the first original "Big Trio". And after that, "Boston" and won the championship in each of the next season was a contender for the cup of Larry O'Brien . And the merit of Mr. Rivers in the winning pace is difficult to overestimate. Now he has a new challenge. Before mentor is always the task of turning the second team from Los Angeles to the NBA champions. - Doc, in your career already happened moments like this. Agree presentation newbies "Clippers" should remind you about the day when the "Boston" presented to the public "Big Trio". Is it possible in this case to a certain analogy? After all, both then and now the team invested a lot of money, and tasks are set very high. - It seems to me that day was much more significant. As for the club and for the league. Still collect the same team of artists such as Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett - it was something out of the ordinary. Each one of the trio was a key player for the band. In the "Clippers" is a somewhat different situation. No, I'm not in any case have no doubt that Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan in the future will become members of the Hall of Fame NBA. But along with these players we have added new team. Matt Barnes, Darren Collison, JJ Redick and Jared Dudley , along with the above will form the core of a new team, new appearance, "Clippers." I could not imagine that such a day would come in my career. - I repent for the entire journalistic community, but we all have the property re-evaluate many teams inflate expectations for their performances. Looking at the "Clippers", how can you assess the current level of ambition of the club? What tasks will be as realistic as possible for your beneficiaries in the new season? - At the moment I do not even know. It seems that we are quite capable to threaten for the title, but for now this is still very early to tell. This is the difference between the "Clippers" from "Celtics." When we have collected Pierce, Garnett and Allen in the same team, we clearly understand that these guys are tired of staying at the bottom of the standings in their clubs. After spending so much time in the NBA and not knowing the taste of big wins, they forgot about everything and united for a common goal. As for my current team, they have collected a lot more young basketball players. And it will be interesting to find out whether they are able to sacrifice a lot for the world title? Many of them will be difficult to understand at once that if you win, be sure to retreat from their personal ambitions and desires to become the hero of everything. - Are not you afraid that will not work? - can be as altruistic towards the interests of the team, and you for that will all be ironed on the head, but at the same time, you and your club will be holding the bag. It's a very fine line, to feel that it generally manages only highly experienced players. I still do not fully know all of our players, but the above will first apply it to them. From choosing Deandre, Chris and Blake will largely depend on the result of our work. And if they will be able to understand this, we are waiting for a successful season. That is why we have returned to the "Clippers" Barnes, so we rushed to Redick, who managed to participate in the final two episodes, but in both the loser. He knows that the way to the final, often almost harder than the final. A lot of our guys do not even know what it is. And I hope that our new users can share their experience. - Talking about new teams, do you think anyone will be able to progress at a pace Griffin? As for the Blake, you have managed to establish contact with him? - I can not say that I was able to make contact with any of the players. This process is happening right now. Blake and Deandre work well in training, that makes me very happy. In the coming days we will meet them in an informal setting, but now I'm very impressed with these two guys. Their natural talent maintained their incredible work. And this is very important.

Doc RiversDoc Rivers
- Many have said similar words about Griffin, but after hearing your praise, you begin to treat him very differently.
- In fact, I just watched the way he trains. Rare to find such a professional who devotes all his energy in training, which take place in the off-season. - How important at this stage to set a good close contact with each of the players? - Above is what I'll be working all summer. I want you guys to know what I will require from them, to make them aware of the importance of what is happening at the moment, so they lit a common purpose. - You are not very fond of digging up the past, but would like to know whether smoothly passed parting with " Celtics'? Whether there was any uncovered issues with your former club? Has the leadership team and the fans come to terms with your decision? - I will not speak for everyone. Someone failed, some do not. But made ​​no return. Now I coach, "Clippers" and nobody can fix it. Personally, I am glad that he moved to California. I often had the opportunity to see his daughter, who lives here. I know that the general manager of "Boston" Danny Ainge learned from this situation, the maximum benefit. Only a few people know how it went really. On the other hand, residents of Boston are well aware that I have done for the city and for the team. I gave them all yourself. And when the time comes to change, you can only live with the fact that you destined. Chuck Daly once said that your every decision has a 50% chance of success. I made ​​my choice and I will not feel sorry about it. I had the opportunity to spend nine years of luxury, and they were associated not only with athletic achievements. - Sample lead? - I met three people in Massachusetts who remain my friends for life. We deal with them every day, even after I moved to the "Los Angeles". And I will never forget about it. For example, we recently talked to Danny Ainge, who played in my golf club in Orlando. As for the fans, I hope that they will understand and accept my decision. If all of this does not happen, there's nothing I can do about it. I spent almost the best years of his life in Boston, and the fan support has contributed much to this. Few manage to win a simple love of basketball fans. - You have said many times that not everyone knows the truth about what happened, why did you decide to switch teams. Is there something that people do not know? - I do not want this deal. Many accuse me that I was the initiator of this departure from the "Celtics", which is actually far from the truth. It is in this regard is the sheer lack of understanding of the causes of my action. Nevertheless, when all this happened, I did not strongly resist. I had a fantastic opportunity to continue my career, and I did not squander this chance. - Maybe it's the fact that Danny Ainge figured it was time to build a new team, and your departure can only accelerate this process. - In my opinion, Management "Celtics" did a tremendous job. They are invited to a place of head coach Brad Stevens, whose huge fan I am. Fun fact: about a month ago we had a conversation with him that he may take a different position. Danny Ainge has asked me to talk to him on the subject of how much he is willing to work in the NBA. - The conversation was about his job coach or assistant? - Coach. And four weeks later, he took my place ( laughs ). I told him that he would become a great coach in the NBA, he is ready for this work, despite his willingness or unwillingness to leave the "Butler". Perhaps, after watching the situation with my departure from the "Celtics", he also decided that it's time to change something in his life. - In other words, you are prompted Stevens to the decision to leave the "Butler." - I hope that is not the case. To some extent, this is it inspired me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment